Maintain your air conditioning unit in summer, and your heater in the winter, with these helpful checklists.
- Ensure the batteries in your thermostat are functioning. You'd be suprised at the number of people who make a service call thinking their air conditioner has gone out, when all they really need to do is change out their batteries.
- Clean your air conditioner filter. Ensure it's free of dust and other debris.
- If you have an outdoor air conditioning unit, hose it down, especially after cutting grass because the fans within the air conditioner often sucks debris into the unit causing air flow to be blocked.
- Change out batteries in your thermostat.
- Change the battey in your carbon monoxide detector every daylight savings time.
- Change your humidifier filter.
- If you have a boiler, make sure that you have pump oil.